Here is an ongoing list of interesting writing prompts I’ve come across:
1. Dialogue Prompt: “We can’t have a crisis- my schedule is already full.”
2. Killing someone gives you all the time they had left.
3. A child is born with an imagination so strong it leaks into reality.
4. They are alive. We are not.
5. Dialogue Prompt: “Well this is a nice change of scenery.” “It’s a prison cell.” “I was being sarcastic.”
6. Every so often a dream catcher has to be ’emptied’ of the nightmares it has caught. Who does it and what do they see?
7. Dialogue Prompt: “I don’t like salad or eye contact.”
8. A loud crack in the sky signals a storm, but instead of rain something else falls from the sky.
9. Dialogue Prompt: “I have a plan.” “Yeah? Is it a good one?” “I have a plan.”
10. It was that time again, but maybe this time would be different.
11. This wasn’t my choice.
12. His voice brought back memories of dark rooms and broken bones.